To qualify for a Lifetime Unit Replacement, the following requirements MUST be met:
- Unit must have been registered within 60 days of installation
- System must be a properly matched AHRI rated system
- Unit must be registered to the original owner
- Unit must be installed in an owner-occupied single family residence (commercial applications do not apply)
If all requirements have been met, please continue on to Step 1 below. If not, please understand HVAC Distributors CANNOT file a Lifetime Unit Replacement claim.
STEP 1: Contact your local HVAC branch to request the lifetime unit exchange.
Call your branch with the following information:
- Failed unit model & serial number;
- Reason for compressor failure;
- Unit registration date;
- Homeowner name, address, and phone number;
- Purchase Order Number & Ship-To Address.
STEP 2: HVAC will verify that the serial number registration is valid.
If the registration is valid, continue to Step 3. Otherwise, HVAC Distributors cannot file a Lifetime Unit Replacement claim.
STEP 3: Complete the Test Data Sheet.
Complete the information as required for the new unit.
STEP 4: Return the Failed Unit.
HVAC will send you our HVAC Return Goods paperwork. Once you receive it, provide the failed unit to the HVAC Delivery driver along with a) a copy of the Return Goods paperwork, and b) a copy of the Test Data Sheet.
STEP 5: Unit Exchange Claim is Entered by HVAC.
HVAC will enter the unit exchange claim for you. Once the unit exchange credit is received, HVAC will apply for an Extended Warranty Labor claim (if applicable – only available for units with valid Extended Labor Warranty contracts).
Questions on exchanges?