New Amana and Goodman ASZH5 and GSZH5 Heat Pumpsby HVAC Distributors June 23, 2022
As part of the continuing effort to prepare for the January 2023 efficiency upgrade, Goodman Manufacturing is introducing two new heat pumps, ASZH5 and the GSZH5. These will replace the single-stage heat pumps ASZ16 and GSZ16.
- These meet the 2023 DOE Energy Conservation Standards
- Removable bar grille top is compliant with UL 60335-2-40
- The coil on the 1.5-3 ton units is a 5mm copper tube with enhanced aluminum fins
- The venturi ring (the part that rings the fan blade) has been redesigned to enhance air flow and reduce sound level
What’s the Same:
- Easy service access through four removable panels
- High and low pressure switches as standard
- High density foam compressor sound blanket
- High efficiency scroll compressor
- Factory-installed compressor crankcase heater as standard
- Factory-installed high-capacity muffler as standard
- These will be rated to the new SEER2 ratings.
- Goodman has just begun the process of releasing the AHRI ratings and we don’t expect to need them until September.
- At this time some matches are available in the AHRI Directory.
At this time HVAC Distributors is planning a PIL transition, meaning the ASZH5 and GSZH5 will not ship until the ASZ16 and GSZ16 models are sold out. We plan on having adequate ASZ16 and GSZ16 inventory through the cooling season.
|Tons||Product ID||Old Model #||Product ID||New Model #|
Additional information on the ASZH5 is available here.
Additional information on the GSZH5 is available here.