Preventing Winter Fall Hazards on the Jobsite: Tips for HVAC Techniciansby HVAC Distributors January 5, 2024
As an HVAC contractor, working during the winter months can be challenging. With the decrease in temperatures, be prepared for anything that comes your way on the jobsite this winter. Make all crew members are prepared. Here is a great guide to begin preventing winter fall hazards on the jobsite!
- Make sure all employees are wearing proper footwear on the job. Such as insulated, waterproof, work boots with slip-resistant soles.
- This is the best way to prevent falls before the happen. Do not solely rely on de-icing for prevention.
- De-ice walkways and works areas regularly that have heavy foot traffic.
- Doing this at the beginning of each workday can help prevent slips while workers are moving to and from jobsites.
- Learn more about which de-icing method will work best for you.
Safe Movement when Slippery:
- Remind your employees of safe movement. To walk slowly and cautiously over slippery surfaces.
- Encourage workers to report any unsafe conditions or slippery areas immediately.
- Consider conducting winter safety training sessions for all crew members.
Keep the Jobsite Well-Lit:
- As the winter days grow shorter, make sure all work areas are well-lit.
- This includes when employees are arriving to work, while on the site working, and leaving for the day.
- Consider adding reflective materials to equipment or clothing for increased visibility.
Remember, preventing winter falls is crucial for employee well-being, productivity, and cost-effectiveness. So, let’s make workplaces safer and warmer this winter season!
Google. (2024). Bard (August 9, 2023 version) [Large language model]. https://bard.google.com/