Beckett AquaSmart Service Options on Select Peerless Boilersby HVAC Distributors October 21, 2015
Peerless released Service Bulletin M-15-7 regarding Service Programs related to Fix-on-Fail issues with Beckett AquaSmart Boiler Controls on select Peerless units.
Beckett posted a service bulletin in February 2015 identifying manufacturing issues with the 7600P LWCO enabled sensors used in the AquaSmart Boiler Control.
Peerless’ Service Bulletin identifies that the AquaSmart controller issue may affect units in the following product lines: Series MI, MIHII, MI-85, DE, PSCII, GM, 63, 64, WB/WBV, WV-DV and EC water boilers.
To provide consumer relief in the event of a service issue, Peerless has an AquaSmart replacement program in place until April 1, 2016.
To participate in the program, contractors must:
- Replace a failed unit using one of the 2 options detailed below. This program does not apply to repairs made prior to failure.
- Complete the appropriate redemption form and return any alleged defective parts to Peerless.
Option 1: Replace the existing 2N1R sensor with an improved 7600P LWCO sensor constructed using a new process. The supplied sensor (PB Heat part # shown below) will contain a large letter H following the part number on the part number tag. The contractor will receive payment from PB Heat, LLC in the amount of $50.00. Two sensor lead lengths are available:
- 7600P06 with standard 9” harness for use with MI, MIHII, MI-85, DE, PSCII, 63 and 64 gas-fired boilers or the WB/WBV, WV-DV or EC oil-fired water boilers with the Classic Metal front jacket panel. PB Heat, LLC part # 50356
- 7600P07 with extended length 22” harness for use with GM gas-fired and WB/WBV, WV-DV oil-fired boilers with the New “Premium” Molded 2-piece front jacket panel. PB Heat, LLC part # 50357
Option 2: Replace the Beckett Aqua-Smart Control with a Hydro-Level Hydro-Stat Control, preserving the full functionality of the control on the installed boiler. The Contractor will receive payment from PB Heat, LLC in the amount of $125.00. The replacement control kit, along with instructions, will be supplied by PB Heat, LLC in the following configurations (kits can be ordered from your local PB Heat Representative or HVAC Distributors):
- For use on a gas-fired MI, MIH-II, MI-85 or 63 gas-fired water boilers
- For use on a WB/WBV, WV-DV or EC oil-fired water boilers with the Classic Metal front jacket panel
- For use on a GM gas-fired or WB/WBV, WV-DV oil-fired boilers with the New “Premium” Molded 2-piece front jacket panel (these boilers require a longer harness)
If you have questions on this bulletin or how to service customers, contact our Tech Service Department. To purchase replacement parts, contact your local branch or call us at 800-228-4822.