Daikin Atmosphera Series SEER2 Updateby HVAC Distributors July 13, 2023
Daikin is updating the Atmosphera Series mini-split heat pump to meet SEER2 requirements.
The Atmosphera has two updates:
- The new models comply with the UL 60335 2-40 safety standard, which goes into effect January 1, 2024.
- The new models are SEER2 rated.
Like the old Atmopshera models, the updated version has these same features:
- Built-in Wi-Fi, eliminating the need for an external Wi-Fi Adaptor
- Heating capacity at low ambient temperatures
- In addition to heating and cooling modes, it also has a Dry mode, where the primary function is dehumidification.
- A field-removable drain pan makes periodic maintenance easier and faster.
- Pre-charged with more refrigerant (49.2 feet), reducing the need to add refrigerant in the field, making for faster installations.
- Uses R-32 refrigerant, not R410a. Though R-32 has been in use for years on tens of thousands of systems outside the US, this is the first Daikin mini-split system in the US
to use R-32.
Note: Daikin requires that a dealer who wants to purchase Atmosphera must be A2L-certified. We encourage the use of the certification class available on Daikin University or webinars offered through HVAC Distributors.
There is NO forward-backward compatibility between the old and new Atmosphera units.
HVAC Distributors will continue to stock the old Atmopshera models, then transition to the new models when inventory is depleted.
Click here for the Product Brochure.