Honeywell Product Updates VisionPRO Thermostat Lineby HVAC Distributors July 9, 2015
Honeywell has announced updates to its VisionPRO thermostat line-up for Summer 2015. In response to contractor feedback, the wi-fi version of the 8000 is enhanced to be more user-friendly for both technicians in the field and homeowners. All versions of the VisionPRO 8000 are now wi-fi enabled.
The new Wi-Fi VisionPRO 8000:
- Can be used for residential or commercial applications, with appropriate language prompts for each setting (ex. “home/away” for residential and “in use/vacant” for commercial);
- Now uses plain language prompts for set-up instead of user codes;
- Can manage up to 3H/2C Heat Pump applications and 2H/2C conventional applications;
- Includes 1 universal relay for IAQ (can be used to control humidification, dehumidification OR ventilation);
- Includes compressor and auxillary heat lockouts;
- Runs off of a common wire instead of requiring batteries;
- Has 1 universal sensor input for use with dual heat.
The new Wi-Fi VisionPRO 8000 is available at all HVAC Distributors locations and through Web Order Entry. If you order case quantities of this stat, we can private label it for you with your company name. Ask your Account Manager for details.
A Note From HVAC Distributors’ Tech Team:
As you can see from the graphic, the new Wi-Fi VisionPRO 8000 looks identical to the Redlink version of the thermostat. If you install both versions of this stat or are grabbing one off the shelves at one of our branches, make sure you have the right one. Redlink and wi-fi are not interchangeable.
The Difference Between Redlink and Wi-Fi
To quickly understand Redlink: If you’re familiar with Bluetooth and pairing devices using a Bluetooth connection, Redlink is a similar concept. Redlink allows HVAC components (zoning, humidification, dehumidification, outdoor sensor) to connect to and communicate with each other wirelessly without using any of the homeowner’s internet bandwidth. Redlink products are not affected by internet outages/interruptions. Redlink is exclusive to Honeywell, so, at this time, the only devices you’ll be able to connect are other Honeywell Redlink-enabled devices.
Wi-fi products connect to a homeowner’s wireless router and allow the homeowner to easily connect devices like cell phones or computers to thermostat monitoring apps/programs (like Honeywell’s Total Connect Comfort app). They typically require hard-wiring between devices (zoning, humidification, dehumidification, outdoor sensor).
With the addition of an Internet Gateway accessory, a homeowner’s Redlink stat can be connected to cell phones or computers through Honeywell’s Total Connect Comfort app. Without it, Redlink accessories only communicate with each other.