HVAC Distributors Now Stocking Tear-Resistant Ductless Line Setsby HVAC Distributors April 30, 2018
HVAC Distributors now stocks tear-resistant line sets for ductless installations. (We also have standard ductless line sets available)
Many contractors appreciate that this type of line set, which bonds a tear-resistant outer material to the line set insulation, is more forgiving when fishing line through walls for ductless installations.
Some other features of HVAC Distributors’ tear-resistant line sets:
- 1/2” thick, compared to the 3/8” thickness on our standard ductless line sets, providing greater insulation value
- Complies with new building code requirement of 1/2” insulation for residential new construction in some counties in Delaware and Maryland
- White (vs. the black of standard insulation)
- UV retarders added to resist degradation from sun exposure
- Meets ASTM B280 and C1427 specifications
- Flame Spread Index is rated at 25/50 Plenum rated to ASTM E84, UL723, and NFPA255
Tear-resistant line sets are available at all HVAC branches and through Web Order Entry.