New Amana ASXC7 and Goodman GSXC7 Condensersby HVAC Distributors July 7, 2022
As part of the continuing effort to prepare for the January 2023 efficiency upgrade, Goodman Manufacturing is introducing two new condensers, the ASXC7 and the GSXC7. These models will replace the 2-stage condensers ASXC16, GSXC16, ASXC18, and GSXC18.
- These meet the 2023 DOE Energy Conservation Standards
- Removable bar grille top is compliant with UL 60335-2-40
- The coil on the 1.5-3 ton units is a 5mm copper tube with enhanced aluminum fins
- The venturi ring (the part that rings the fan blade) has been redesigned to enhance air flow and reduce sound level
What’s the Same:
- Still communicating
- Easy service access through four removable panels
- High and low pressure switches as standard
- High density foam compressor sound blanket
- 2-Stage scroll compressor
- Factory-installed compressor crankcase heater as standard
- Standard factory-installed high-capacity muffler
- ECM condenser fan motor
- These will be rated to the new SEER2 ratings.
- Goodman has just begun the process of releasing the AHRI ratings and we don’t expect to need them until September.
- At this time some matches are available in the AHRI Directory.
At this time HVAC Distributors is planning a PIL transition, meaning the ASXC7 and the GSXC7 will not ship until the ASXC16, ASXC18, GSXC16, and GSXC18 models are sold out. We plan on having adequate ASXC16, ASXC18, GSXC16, and GSXC18 inventory through the cooling season.
|Tons||Product ID||Old Model #||Product ID||New Model #|
Additional information on the ASXC7 is available here.