New Amana ASXN4 and Goodman GSXN4 Condensersby HVAC Distributors August 1, 2022
As part of the continuing effort to prepare for the January 2023 efficiency upgrade, Goodman Manufacturing is introducing two new condensers, the ASXN4 and the GSXN4. These will replace the 1-stage condensers ANX14 (not the ASX14) and the even-numbered GSX14.
- These meet the 2023 DOE energy standards.
- Removable top grille is compliant with UL 60335-2-40.
- The condenser coil on the 1.5-4 ton units is a 5mm copper tube with enhanced aluminum fins.
- The venturi ring (the part that surrounds the fan blade) has been redesigned to enhance air flow.
What’s the Same:
- Easy service access through four removable panels.
- and low pressure switches as standard.
- High density foam compressor sound blanket.
- High efficiency scroll compressor.
- 1-speed PSC fan motor
- These will be rated to the new SEER2 ratings.
- Goodman has just begun the process of releasing the AHRI ratings and we don’t expect to need them until September.
- At this time some matches are available in the AHRI Directory.
At this time HVAC Distributors is planning a PIL transition, meaning the ASXN4 and the GSXN4 will not ship until the ANX14 and GSX14 models are sold out. We plan on having adequate ANX14 and GSX14 inventory through the cooling season.
|Tons||Product ID||Old Model #||Product ID||New Model #|
Additional information on the GSXN4 is available here.
Additional information on the ASXN4 is available here.