New Goodman GSXM4 Condenserby HVAC Distributors August 19, 2022
As part of the continuing effort to get ready for the January 2023 efficiency upgrade, Goodman Manufacturing is introducing a new Goodman condenser, the GSXM4.
The GSXM4 is the Multi-Family “long lineset” condenser, and replaces SOME of the GSX14 models.
- The GSX14 had odd-numbered and even-numbered versions of the same size.
- Example: GSX14024 and GSX14025 were both 2-ton condensers.
- The odd-numbered version was the long lineset model and featured a more powerful compressor multi-family buildings.
- The even-numbered version was what was more commonly used.
- Goodman has made the replacement long lineset version a different model number to eliminate the confusion.
- Like the odd-numbered GSX14 models, it is only available in sizes 1.5 through 3 tons.
- It is aimed at multi-family projects, where a single job generally involves a large quantity, and the job is put out to bid.
- These meet the 2023 DOE energy standards.
- Removable top grille is compliant with UL 60335-2-40.
- The condenser coil on the 1.5-4 ton units is a 5mm copper tube with enhanced aluminum fins.
- The venturi ring (the part that surrounds the fan blade) has been redesigned to enhance air flow.
What’s The Same:
- Easy service access through four removable panels.
- High and low pressure switches as standard.
- High density foam compressor sound blanket.
- High efficiency scroll compressor.
- 1-speed PSC fan motor
- These will be rated to the new SEER2 ratings.
- Goodman has just begun the process of releasing the AHRI ratings and we don’t expect to need them until September.
- At this time some matches are available in the AHRI Directory.