New Goodman GSZM4 and GSZB4 Heat Pumpsby HVAC Distributors December 1, 2022
As part of the continuing effort to get ready for the January 2023 efficiency upgrade, Daikin Comfort Technologies is introducing new Goodman 14.3 SEER2 heat pumps. The GSZ14 even sizes are replaced by the GSZB4 and the GSZ14 odd sizes are replaced by the GSZM4.
- These meet the 2023 DOE energy standards.
- Removable top grille is compliant with UL 60335-2-40.
- The condenser coil on the 1.5-4 ton units is a 5mm copper tube with enhanced aluminum fins.
- The venturi ring (the part that surrounds the fan blade) has been redesigned to enhance air flow.
What’s the Same:
- High and low pressure switches as standard.
- High density compressor sound blanket.
- 1-speed PSC fan motor.
- Factory-installed compressor crankcase heater, muffler, suction line accumulator, and filter drier.
- These will be rated to the new SEER2 ratings.
- Matches are available in the AHRI Directory.
At this time HVAC Distributors is planning a PIL transition on the GSZ14 EVEN sizes, meaning the GSZB4 will not ship until the GSZ14 models are sold out. We plan on having adequate GSZ14 inventory through the heating season. The GSZ14 ODD sizes are the multi-family models (they only come in sizes up to 3 tons). We do not currently stock these and we do not plan to stock the GSZM4 replacement.
|Tons||Product ID||Old Model #||Product ID||New Model #|
|GSZ14 Even Sizes to GSZB4|
|GSZ14 Odd Sizes to GSZM4|
Additional information on the GSZB4 is available here.
Additional information on the GSZM4 is available here.