Reznor Makes Upgrades To Unit Heater Lineby HVAC Distributors April 1, 2021
Reznor has recently made some upgrades to its unit heater line. The changes relate to improved service features and aesthetics and include the following:
- Hinged service door with quarter turn latch- Door attached to the chassis to prevent door drops
- External status indicating LED blinks if there is a problem that needs service
- 7-segment display board shows fault code for quick and easy diagnoses
- Two-tone black and white powder coat, scratch-resistant paint scheme
- Clean metal panels without any visible screws or fasteners
- Tooled rounded vertical corners (30-125 MBH) and edges
- Reznor embossed on bottom of premium models
Performance data such as MBH, CFM and efficiency values have not changed.
Updated Model Numbers
Due to these changes, Reznor has elected to update its Model Numbers as shown in this chart:
|Unit Heater Type||Legacy Model||New Model|
|Prop Fan, Power Vent||UDAP||UDX|
|Prop Fan, Separated Combustion||UDAS||UDZ|
|High Efficiency, Separated Combustion||UDAS||UEZ|
|Centrifugal Fan, Power Vent||UDBP||UBX|
|Centrifugal Fan, Separated Combustion||UDBS||UBZ|
The remainder of the model nomenclature (option codes) and accessory part numbers remain the same for the new product as they were for the legacy product lines.
The Reznor website has been updated to reflect the new model numbers and current literature is now available.
Production on the legacy models has been suspended and orders for the new models are now being accepted with 1st shipments expected to exit the factory in Mid-May. Legacy Reznor unit heaters are currently available at any of our HVAC Distributors locations and can be ordered by phone or through Web Order Entry.