Rinnai Introduces New RSC Recirculating Tankless Water Heaterby HVAC Distributors May 13, 2022
Rinnai is introducing the new RSC Series recirculating tankless water heater to replace the RUR Series.
- The timing function is integrated into the new RSC, eliminating the need to add an exterior timer control.
- Added learning function, enabling it to program its own recirculation timing based on homeowner use eliminating the need to program it at installation.
- The result is a faster installation for the contractor, and better operation for the homeowner, removing the need for the homeowner to do any programming.
- Increased efficiency and capacity of the built-in circulator, improving its ability to handle the hot water recirculation in longer pipe runs, and improving response time when the recirculation cycle starts.
What’s Staying The Same:
- Same turn-down ratio (13:1 on the 199 size, 10:1 on the 160 size)
- Same flow rate at 70°F rise and at 50°F rise
- Same venting flexibility
- Twin pipe or concentric
- Venting material choice of Sch40 PVC or polypropylene
- Same great reliability, with 12 year heat exchanger warranty (registration required).
- Still includes recirculation pump and valve kit
Rinnai RUR - RSC Transition
|Input MBH||Fuel||Previous Model #||New Model #|
Rinnai is doing a ship-to-completion transition from the RUR to the RSC. This means they will ship the RUR until they run out, then they’ll start shipping the RSC.
For more information, visit Rinnai’s web site.