New Daikin DFG Packaged Unitsby HVAC Distributors August 1, 2022
As part of the continuing effort to prepare for the January 2023 efficiency upgrade, Daikin is introducing new packaged units, the DF Series. These models will replace the DB Series. This includes:
- DFG Standard Efficiency Gas/Electric sizes 3, 4, 6, 7.5, 8.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, and 25
- DFC Standard Efficiency Cooling Only, sizes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.5, 8.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, and 25.
- DFH Standard Efficiency Heat Pump sizes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.5, 8.5, and 10.
- The new models all have direct drive EEM motors. No more belt drives.
- The outdoor coil changes to a microchannel coil.
- The new DF Series meets energy efficiency requirements that take effect on January 1, 2023. The exact model-to-model transition is shown in Appendix One.
- Nomenclature: The second character in the model number and code string changes from “B” to “F” and some new letters have been introduced, but the structure remains the same. See Appendix Two for detail.
What’s the Same:
- Most of the field-installed accessories are the same used on the DBG and DBC 5 ton units.
- Refer to the Related Items for the correct installation accessories
- Still Sandstone Beige color.
- Still manufactured in Houston.
- Same cabinet size and footprint as the DB Series.
Effective immediately, we will no longer be taking orders for the DB Series.
Click here to download the DFG Product Brochure.